My client, An award-winning demolition, land remediation, decommissioning, and asbestos removal business.
Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor.
Location: RG7 4PR. (highly regulated, nuclear MoD site)
Rate: £30 to 35ph via CIS. Minimum two year contract, starting in September.
Please note, my client will also consider those looking for a two-year PAYE Fixed Term Contract (FTC) with benefits and/or LTD-outside of IR35.
Standard week is 40 hours (with flexibility on start/finish times-within reason) and weekly pay.
* NEBOSH Construction Qualification/Diploma or equivalent.
* Experience of Construction/Demolition
* Member of IOSH (or working towards)
* Security Clearance (Desirable)
* CSCS Card.
Reliability and a good work ethic are imperative for this role as the Health & Safety Advisor will be working in collaboration with a demolition project management team, who will in turn be working to stringent programmes and within rigorous project parameters.
The capacity to work within a heavily regulated environment is essential along with the ability to be dynamic and flexible in application of procedures, policy and regulation.
The Health & Safety Advisor’s input on environmental matters will be crucial and, at times, time critical for the projects.
Working as part of a demolition team on site and helping to maintain excellent standards of Health & Safety and control the following aspects of a project:
* Conduct site health & safety inspections and audits assisting, if required with any close out actions as well as reviewing induction programmes, toolbox talks and briefings.
* Develop and log reports based on the results of site safety inspections or safety audits. Making sure any reportable incidents have been raised to the Health and Safety Manager.
* Monitor training matrix and organise where required.
* Assist project team with the review of company and contractors risk assessments and method statements checking for improvements and compliance.
* Assist in the preparation of Risk and Method Statements.
* Investigate and report findings of accidents and incidents to include improvement recommendations.
* Ensure compliance to company health, safety, quality & environmental procedures.
* Plan and maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Statutory Legislation and Contract Requirements.
* Carry out site inductions, D & A testing and other training as required
* Carry out pertinent toolbox talks.
Security clearance & safety critical medical:
And due to the nature of work undertaken, incumbents of this position are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is only open to sole British Nationals. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting upon starting in the role. (If not already security cleared to a minimum SC level). You may also be required to undergo a safety critical medical, to include a drug & alcohol test
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.