In a nutshell…
An opportunity to work with an industry leading, independent company offering a range of products and services such as, Plant and Tool Hire, Demolition Contracting, Agricultural Services, and Waste Management. A company that prides themselves on being a reliable, trustworthy solution for both consumers and businesses. Their wealth of experience within the industry has proven that you, the customers, are what drive their business forward and allows them to grow every day.
What’s in it for you…
* Company pension
* 28 days holiday
* Competitive salary
What we’d like from you…
* Experience/Knowledge of relevant demolition (or construction, with a view to developing demolition) general, health and safety policies and procedures.
* Estimator / QS experience.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
* Excellent communication and IT skills. Good ability with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
* MRICS or completed a Quantity Surveying degree (beneficial but not essential if qualified by experience)
More information on the role…
* Manage and complete PQQ`s including the technical and quality aspects for tender return.
* Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility.
* Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe.
* Develop strong relationships with external clients, consultants, and other specialists.
* Develop and maintain market awareness on materials and sub-contractor prices.
* Maintain database of standard cost allowances and work closely with the commercial department to ensure cost assumptions are current.
* Responsible for taking off quantities, procuring competitive quotations, analysing the results, and producing finalisation documents.
* Consider drawings and employers requirements, understand the requirements of the tender documentation.
* Consider and negotiate sub-contract quotes and attendances to incorporate into estimates.
* Visit site to establish site constraints etc, that may affect pricing strategy.
* Be technically competent of the demolition process, or desire to develop if from construction background.
* Analyse and critique all information provided to Department for cost effectiveness.
* Explore and present innovative techniques to reduce cost. Value engineer specifications and materials to enhance cost effectiveness.
* Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Manager.
If this role sounds like something that interests you DON’T HESITATE, APPLY NOW
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.