Acorn is currently recruiting on behalf of their client Tata Steel, who operate a Lime Manufacturing Plant Located within less than 1 mile from Shap village adjacent Junction 39 of the M6 in Cumbria.
Position: Engineering Services & Plant Stores Technician.
Full time, permanent position, subject to the completion of a 6 month probation period. Employed as an integrated contractor and part of the Tata Shapfell permanent team. If desired will lead to opportunities for further career progression within engineering or operations, with support for external qualifications also available.
Hours: 40 paid hours Monday to Friday 7.30 to 4pm, with 8 bank holidays and 22 holidays entitlement per annum, although flexibility in working hours can be discussed.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,500 per annum.
* Using both IT and practical skills to assist in the development of the site and to make the plant's mechanical, electrical and operations stores and equipment utilisation more streamlined.
* Management of spares and consumables inventory, Item ordering and administration of on site service contract orders.
* Disposal of redundant items and management of miscellaneous waste streams: A number of items are being disposed of via sales and demolition / scrapping activity across site. The job holder will actively assist and lead in these disposal processes. Liaison with colleagues in other areas of Tata and externally to ensure optimum and cost-effective disposal routes are arranged.
* Assist several craftsmen in their mechanical and electrical maintenance and reliability reporting duties, preparing equipment for site requirements or assembly and arranging stock replenishment and issue.
* Completion of IT tasks associated with this work, and to plan and record activities, so IT literacy and competency will be necessary. Knowledge of SAP systems would be very advantageous.
* It is envisaged that the role will be varied with approximately half the time office based, and half plant based.
* Operation of mobile plant (eg forklifts, telehandlers) and willing to engage in and learn how machinery is operated and maintained safely and efficiently.
* Full training will be given where necessary so enthusiasm to develop and learn, and a self-starting nature, are also important.
* IT literacy
* Full driving licence
* Some prior knowledge of SAP would be beneficial although training will be given.
* Forklift and mobile plant licences.
Apprentices who have completed or are part way through their qualifications are welcome to apply previous applicants need not apply.
A more detailed Job Description can be made available to potential candidates on request.
For further details of the role and person specification please contact: (url removed) or (phone number removed).
Tata Shapfell has a long and distinguished history of quarrying and lime making operations and is located in Shap, Cumbria. The operation is part of Tata Steel Strip Products UK, which itself is part of Tata Steel Europe, and ultimately part of the much wider and more diverse Tata Group of Companies, who operate across the World in a number of sectors. Tata is one of the World's premier manufacturers.
The site at Shapfell is acknowledged as one of Europe's most efficient manufacturers of lime. It manufactures approximately one-fifth of the lime made in the United Kingdom using imported stone from partner companies. Although the majority of this lime is transferred to South Wales for iron and steelmaking the company also supplies a number of external customers, as well as supplying ground limestone for local agricultural requirements.
The site has an exemplary safety record and has won various RoSPA awards, holds Investor in People Status, and a range of Quality and Environmental control standards.
Supported by a range of specialist staff in South Wales, Shapfell operates largely independently with some thirty-five permanent employees, approximately one third of whom are employed by our integrated contractor Acorn, in permanent positions.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.