Contracts Manager (land and Property) NGGJP00011937
Birmingham, West Midlands
Contracts Manager (land and Property)
Duration - 6 months
Location - Warwick / Remote
My high-profile utilities client is looking for a contracts manager to join their team based in Warwick on a hybrid basis (1 day a week on site) on an initial 6-month contract with chance of extensions.
Joining us as a Contract Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of contract management relating to our property management services, including land remediation.
· Manage contracts and supply chain relationships such as CAPEX and Gasholder Demolition.
· Work collaboratively with the Land & Property Lead Contract Manager and the supply chain, contributing to effective partnerships and facilitate and foster a culture of seamless cross-function working within Performance & Value team and the Business Unit.
· Monitor and benchmark the performance of supply chain against defined performance standards and/or KPIs including feedback from project delivery roles.
· Lead the process of formal feedback sessions with supply chain via two-way performance review meetings.
· Act as a lead for framework tender events or contract extensions/ variations, in conjunction with NG Procurement department.
· Co-ordinate project level mini-tender events and monitor work allocation arrangements across all the frameworks, in conjunction with NG Procurement Department.
· Ensure framework-level contract arrangements are suitable and monitor the time and quality of processes for preparation of project-level contract documentation.
· Lead on the preparation of external contract requirements with third parties.
· Oversee the quality of internal specifications and ensure they are up to date and suitable for use.
· Manage opportunities for shared learning and continuous improvement across the supply chain and internal teams, including supply chain forums and training sessions.
· Assist in administering the value management of the contracts through, for example, managing gainshare and incentive mechanisms.
· Proactively work with sustainability teams in Land & Property to work with the supply chain to implement sustainability initiatives.
· Work closely with the Contract Management team in ensuring collaboration, performance and compliance remain key priorities across the supply chain and guaranteeing issues are resolved cohesively with all parties.
· Assist in driving a continuous improvement culture across the team with a focus on innovation, efficiency and safety.
· Assist in championing the application of common processes to support consistent, high-quality delivery.
· Experience of: negotiating and managing contracts; thinking and working strategically and commercially; and change through contracts.
· A confident communicator who possesses influencing and negotiation skills; demonstrable proactive relationship management; and a good understanding of contracting and performance strategy and processes.
· Experience of: involvement in procurement exercises; and using technological solutions to improve service delivery
· Knowledge of property management contracts
· Knowledge of public procurement rules
If you have not received a response within 48 hours of applying, please assume you have not been shortlisted this time
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.