Nov 18, 2020
WS10, Darlaston, Walsall
Account Manager (Commercial)
EMR is privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ around 4000 people around the world. As an organisation, we have the capability of a corporate and the agility of a family-owned company. We put our success down to our Innovative and supportive workforce, and we are excited to offer the opportunity for an Account Manager to join us drive the performance of our Industrial Services department.
Our core business is the recycling of metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles, consumer products, industry, construction and demolition, resulting in the sale of recycled commodities around 10 million tonnes a year. We have extensive operations worldwide and produce high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Your role will be maintaining and developing key accounts and exploring new business opportunities, and your ability to gather market intelligence will allow you to be a highly effective commercial individual in a dynamic market.
By leveraging the technical expertise of our knowledgeable workforce, we can offer this opportunity to someone who is looking to broaden their experience and who is looking to work with an organisation which makes our world a better place. We would welcome applications from multi-site retail management, hospitality, and many others.
Some of your duties:
* Identifying opportunities, and collaborating on the strategy to maximise company performance.
* Maintain and develop relationships with some of our key accounts.
* Winning new business through various methods to generate new business and opportunities.
* Negotiation with our customers.
* Keeping up to date with market conditions and opportunities, by networking effectively and using the data at your disposal.
* Collaborating with our Operational and Transport teams to ensure our customers receive excellent customer service, every time.
* Communicate with customers all / any changes to service levels and ensure feedback is acknowledged and actioned.
* Ensuring the CRM is kept updated with all relevant information.
* Being part of any improvement plan for business development performance.
* Your demonstrable background as an Account Manager on major B2B contracts will ensure you are comfortable handling the orders and queries of EMR’s diverse clients.
* You are a proven communicator, who can both build new relationships and maintain current relationships.
* You have a fantastic experience of use and management of CRM systems.
* You can evaluate problems through your ability to interpret data and examine information.
* Your ability to build relationships is demonstrated through the rapport you can build with colleagues and customers
* You can process details and structure tasks to meet timescales and produce output.
* You are dynamic and react well to change, by inviting feedback and thinking positively.
* You are confident, composed, and able to handle people in a resolving and inclusive way.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability