In a nutshell…
We are currently helping a family-run construction company to recruit an estimator; they have been providing specialist services to the construction industry for over 60 years. Established in 1962 the company now provides a portfolio of speciality services and they have worked with well-known companies such as Network Rail. They have 3 sectors into which the work… Asbestos Removal, Demolition and Building Works.
What we can offer you…
* Competitive salary
* 20 days holiday + bank + Christmas
* Career development
* Team cohesion
What we’d like from you
* 5 years’ experience in estimating or a similar role
* Success in tendering for demolition Projects
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
* Knowledge using Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, and Outlook
More about the Estimator role…
To carry out the full estimating role together with all pre-construction duties necessary for the successful delivery of Tender submissions to the required quality and within the set deadlines. To win the right work at the right price to meet Company workload and margin requirements.
* Ensure that adequate and correct resources are employed on all enquiries so as to meet the specific requirements and tender deliverables of each individual enquiry.
* Effective time management and resource planning to meet the needs of multiple concurrent enquiries.
* Review of tender documents for the identification of potential alternative approaches/methodologies for Commercial edge.
* Liaise with Demolition management on methodology, project resources, and programme requirements. Liaise with Commercial Department to ensure the proper identification of risk within each specific tender enquiry.
* Management of tender submission process, liaise with internal and external resources / Consultants on input and deadlines.
* Identification and maintenance of database of supplychain resources for tender pricing and indicative programming.
* Can identify the correct commercially based cost of an enquiry to facilitate meaningful tender settlements.
* To work alongside your colleagues in the Commercial team to provide clear and informative project handover on successfully converted tenders.
* To propose, assist and take a proactive role in the development of the systems and procedures of the company to ensure the continuous improvement of the business.
* As and when required develop, train, mentor and nurture all immediate reports under your control, including the execution of the Personal Development Plan, and the monitoring and setting of personal development and training requirements of those under your guidance in line with the company policy.
* Support the Directors and Management Board of the business in the execution of their duties, including, but not limited to, undertaking all reasonable requests to implement new or amended policies and systems throughout the business.
* To actively partake in company marketing events, social events, and entertaining of clients and staff, as directed by the Directors / Management Board
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.