Long term contract
* Immediate start
* Outside IR35
A great opportunity for an experienced Site Engineer to collaborate with a Tier 1 main contractor in delivering a Smart Motorway scheme.
Works scope as follows: earthworks, drainage, utilities, formwork reinforced concrete (FRC), bored piling, concrete repairs to existing structures, steelwork, structural waterproofing, hydro-demolition and associated temporary works.
* Lead a team of junior engineers.
* Setting out of the works information using Trimble Total Station, GPS and other fundamental engineering techniques. Considerable experience required in structures.
* Regular on site liaison with subcontractor supervisors to manage programme delivery and logistics on site in line with agreed daily Start of Shift Briefing.
* Management of engineering works on site to maintain the construction programme. Understanding of construction planning and progress reporting essential.
* Management of engineering works on site to the approved quality Inspection and Test Plan. Accurate and timely completion of checksheets is essential. The senior site engineer will also be responsible for coordinating the necessary inspections with the inspector and any test requirements with the laboratory.
* Implementation of safe systems of work (RAMS, permits, etc).
* Mentoring and developing junior engineers in the above processes. Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships with junior engineers is essential.
* Ensuring all activities on site are recorded through daily diaries and photographs
* Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, Meng)
* Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering infrastructure projects in a site role
* Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
* Other training (work at height, IPAF, TWS, TWC, AP, etc) to be listed on CV.
* Good written and oral communication skills
* The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
* Comfortable with mentoring and developing junior staff
* Experience in some or all: formwork, reinforced concrete (FRC), bored piling, concrete repairs to existing structures, steelwork, structural waterproofing, hydro-demolition and associated temporary works.
redfish promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality, and any other protected characteristic. We have an inclusive recruitment philosophy and will endeavour to support those applicants who may need adjustments to take part in the recruitment process.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.