Nov 20, 2020
Euston, Greater London
My client, a major tier one contractor, is looking to bring on a Site Engineer on a freelance basis to assist in the delivery of major enabling works on High Speed Two (HS2).
HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
Enabling Works Contract (EWC) programme of works for HS2, across the Southern area, to make way for the main civil and station build contracts. The scope of the EWC South includes demolition, utilities diversions, highways, archaeology, and ecology works over 4 years, with an estimated final value in excess of £300m. You will be directly involved in the delivery of the programme of circa 60 individual projects and will help contribute to skills and employment in the local community, leaving a positive legacy.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Support of management team and co-ordination with on-site operations
* Maintaining progress in line with and assistance with 4 weekly look-ahead
* Measure quantities of concrete for pours
* Confirming materials deliveries match requisitions
* Attend daily Start of Shift (SOS) meeting to plan following days works with subcontractors
* Attend progress meetings (Weekly look-ahead meetings)
* Attend RAMS readiness reviews for a better understanding of the works
* Ensure temporary works installed as per design and liaise with TWS/TWC
* Track daily progress & report this to Section Engineer
* Attendance at daily cascade briefings
* Preparing the SOS and ensure it is in place for the morning briefing
* Ensure all correct documentation (e.g. Signed TBS’s, RAMS & Permits) is in place for upcoming works, working with sub-contractor where required
* Ensure safe systems of work are in place and being adhered to in accordance with safety management procedures
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications and experience:
* Degree or equivalent in civil engineer or similar
* Previous experience in construction and experience as a site engineer on a civils project
* Previous experience with another main-contractor
* A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
* Must hold a CSCS card
* SMSTS desirable but not required
Redfish infrastructure promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic. We have an inclusive recruitment philosophy and will endeavor to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business