Dec 23, 2020
£40,000 - £60,000 yearly
Site Manager/General Foreman (Permanent)
Are you experienced in fuel retail filling station construction? How would you like to work for a reputable Principal Contractor that is a leading company in the fuel forecourt sector?
We are looking for a working Site Manager/General Foreman to work on a variety of projects ranging from £10k to £5m throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be given training as necessary.
The key responsibilities of a Site Manager include, but are not limited to:
* Act as the day-to-day site representative to ensure site activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
* Ensure work is of a high standard and in accordance with the relevant company policies, specifications and latest practices.
* Leading and directing subcontractors and directly employed staff
* Communicating with the clients and key stakeholders
Specialising in fuel retail forecourt remediation, refurbishment, redevelopment and maintenance, the company has gained an excellent reputation for delivering solutions for complex projects for major clients including BP Oil, Asda, MSA EXTRA and Motor Fuel Group.
The company takes a partnership approach to its work, tailoring contract delivery to client requirements and priorities. In addition, the company is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building, APEA, and Construction Line among other key regulatory bodies.
The key skills and qualities of a Site Manager include:
* Enthusiastic and positive approach with a high focus on Customer Service with good communication and interpersonal skills
* Be comfortable reviewing and implementing site rules, methods statements and risk assessments.
* Experienced safely leading and directing work on construction sites.
* Experience/knowledge of carrying out/leading and directing the following tasks: demolition, deep excavations and associated temporary works, drain and duct laying, laying kerbs, concrete foundations/slabs and finishing, brickwork, formwork and steel fixing.
* Qualifications required: SMSTS, CSCS Card Holder, CPCS / NPORS Plant Operator as applicable
* Previous experience in fuel filling station construction would be preferred and SPA UK PIA passport holder.
* Preferable skills: Asbestos awareness, Abrasive wheels, Confined space entry, IPAF
The applicant will likely be required to work away from home Monday – Friday depending on site location and weekends/nights as works dictate. Accommodation and subsidence will be provided when working away from home.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more