Dec 23, 2020
Ground Worker – UK
Are you experienced in petrol filling station construction? How would you like to work for a reputable Principal Contractor that is a leading company in the fuel forecourt sector?
We are looking for a Ground Worker to work on a variety of projects ranging from £10k to £5m throughout the UK. The successful candidate will be given training as necessary.
The key responsibilities of a Ground Worker include, but are not limited to:
* Working as part of one of our site teams under the direction of a site manager.
* Leading/assisting a variety of tasks dependent on experience.
* Taking part in: demolition, excavations and associated support, drain and duct laying, laying kerbs, concrete foundations and finishing, brickwork, formwork and steel fixing.
Specialising in fuel forecourt remediation, refurbishment and maintenance, the company has gained an excellent reputation for delivering solutions for complex projects for major clients including BP Oil and Asda.
The company takes a partnership approach to its work, tailoring contract delivery to client requirements and priorities. In addition, the company is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building, among other key regulatory bodies.
The key skills and qualities of a Ground Worker include:
* Be comfortable following: site rules, methods statements and risk assessments.
* Experienced with working safely on construction sites.
* Experience/knowledge of the following tasks: demolition, excavations and associated support, drain and duct laying, laying kerbs, concrete foundations and finishing, brickwork, formwork and steel fixing.
* Qualifications required: CSCS Card Holder, CPCS / NPORS Plant Operator (above and below 10 tonne excavator tracked, forward tipping dumper wheeled, ride on roller).
* Previous experience in petrol filling station construction would be preferred and SPA UK PIA passport holder.
* Preferable skills: Asbestos awareness, Abrasive wheels, Confined space entry, IPAF
Applicants may be required to work away from home Monday – Friday depending on site location. Accommodation and subsidence will be provided when working away.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more