Jan 05, 2021
Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire
This position provides electrical and instrumentation (E&I) engineering support for capital projects and complex repairs from concept to completion, including cost estimates, design, procurement, construction oversight, start-up assistance, and documentation. As an E&I Engineer, you'll have an opportunity to have significant impact on their chemical operations at their facility.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role but are not limited to:
* Provide electrical engineering support for capital projects from concept to completion, including cost estimates, design, procurement, construction oversight, start-up assistance, and documentation.
* Support complex repairs and maintenance efforts of the plant electrical, instrument, and control systems.
* Work with production, maintenance, and engineering teams to develop project roadmaps, acquiring quality assurance expertise in fabrication, construction activities and management of extended plant outages for electrical and instrumented systems.
* Support the maintenance of accurate and effective documentation for instrument, electrical, and control systems.
* Support plant outages by working with the maintenance, engineering, and production teams to ensure electrical equipment shut down, maintenance, installation, demolition, and start-up is properly planned and executed.
* Support training activities for production, maintenance, and technical personnel on an as needed basis to ensure compliance with national guidelines and regulations.
* Integrate with and create teams including, but not limited to, safety program progress, root cause failure analysis and operational stewardship. Engineer must be able to perform as a team member and leader.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics or similar
* High level experience within chemical manufacturing instrumentation and electrical systems including power distribution (This should include experience in providing maintenance support to production operations)
* Extensive theoretical and applied knowledge of electrical and instrumentation engineering principles applied in a manufacturing facility.
* Demonstrable experience working in a COMAH/High Hazard environment is preferred
* Experience with designing, specifying, and modifying intrinsically safe circuits (preferred CompEx qualified)
* Ability to communicate clearly and a fluency with technical software
* The ability to manage and organize time, interact with people from all levels of the organization and capable of sustaining a drive for excellence.
* A working knowledge of instrumentation and control systems.
* Attention to detail should be an ingrained behaviour.
* This position is in a 24/7 manufacturing plant environment and some extended working hours are required to complete aggressive shutdown and installation work schedules.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business