Jan 05, 2021
Honiton, Devon, South West
Full-time (37 hours per week) Building Control Surveyor contract to start on 25-01-21.
- To process Building Regulation applications including the assessment of supplementary and amended plans and additional information and process the information so that outcomes can be communicated clearly and directly to the customer making use of current ICT as necessary.
- Carrying out operational Building Control duties within a defined area of the district and carry out site inspections and plan/application checking as required.
- Carry out Building Control enforcement work including dangerous structures and demolition sites by undertaking site inspections to collect evidence of non-compliance, write reports making recommendations about appropriate enforcement action and work with legal services to pursue any legal action.
- Ensure that clear, accurate and detailed records are made, kept and maintained for all work carried out.
- Attend all mandatory and essential training as required and maintain an up to date record of your continuous professional development in accordance with the requirements of your professional body.
- Support the Building Control Manager and Principal Building Control Surveyor in making sure that the Building Control team provides a customer focused service and strives to be innovative in its search for continuous improvement.
- Make sure that the Building Control Team offers a customer focused service using systems thinking principles.
- A degree in building surveying or other relevant discipline.
- Good practical understanding of primary building control legislation, approved documents, enforcement processes and procedures and other relevant guidance.
- A valid driving licence and own car are essential (reasonable adjustments may be possible according to the Equality Act).
- Basic disclosure certificate.
Disclaimer: On applying for this vacancy, you agree that your personal details will be passed onto our client for their consideration of your suitability for the role. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify Teqniq Limited of any hirer who I do not want my details to be passed onto