Jan 08, 2021
£45,000 - £50,000 yearly
GBR Recruitment Ltd are working in partnership with a national new home construction & development business recruiting for an experienced Health & Safety Manager with extensive CDM experience, across the new build housing sector.
You will be solely responsible for implementing the Group Health & Safety policy across the companies new build sites, working closely with the senior management team to continually improve and maximise the quality and consistency of the companies new build services.
This role requires you to instigate and implement effective Health & Safety standards and procedures, as such we are looking for previous experience of implementing and managing change/culture. Ideally this experience will be gained within the new build development sector (CDM).
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
* Provide specialist CDM advice to Directors & Senior management on all HSE issues and legislation.
* Developing & implementing a Health & Safety strategy.
* Developing & implementing a Health & Safety Management System (including procedures and safe systems of work etc.), in line with company targets.
* Making recommendations via written reports to senior management
* Developing, implementing & reviewing risk assessments, method statements (RAMS) & SSOW for construction activities, supporting management with the risk assessment process for site specific works.
* Proven experience in accident investigation and RIDDOR reporting
* Develop a H&S training matrix to support the construction division management (competent & engaged workforce).
* Undertake site H&S inspections to provide support & advice to the project teams.
* Developing and implementing new HSE initiatives.
* Ideally with a Diploma in Health & Safety (i.e. NEBOSH, NVQ, NCRQ, or equivalent) and be GradIOSH as a minimum, it is desirable that you are CMIOSH or working towards it.
* A thorough understanding of construction projects from pre-start to final completion in House Build, Refurbishments & Demolition projects.
* A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation.
* Proven experience in delivering practical health and safety solutions, and the ability to work on multiple projects.
* Covid protocol experience
* Fully Expensed Company Car or Car Allowance
* 29 Days Holiday (Inc. Bank Holiday)
* Christmas & New Years 2 Weeks Shutdown on top of standard holidays
* Healthcare Scheme
* Annual Bonus Scheme
* Contributory Pension Scheme