Jan 08, 2021
Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London
Our client a major JV is planning the mobilisation of works on SCL tunnels/adits, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, utilities diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
We are looking for Shift Site Engineer's to take on a broad range of Civil Engineering duties.
The right individual will:
* Ensure all construction practices are carried out safely and in line with method statements
* Use of Leica Total Station to monitor/check the excavation and sprayed concrete profiles
* Ensure sprayed concrete lining adheres to designed lining thickness
* Survey the setting out of steelworks
* Work with underground foreman and personnel to organise plant, materials, and consumables on a daily basis
* Management of the underground workforce to complete required tasks to within schedule
* Ensure properties of materials used are in line with design and specifications; take samples accordingly
* Prepare checksheets and liaise with HS2 inspectors to achieve required area sign-offs
* Inform tunnel shift manager and sub-agent of all progress including any changes to the working environment.
You will be willing to work on a shift basis with the potential of 12 hour shifts, the shifts are yet to be decided.
Have you worked on major infrastructure projects previously? Please get in touch