Jan 13, 2021
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
Applicants must live witin easy commutable distance from Port Talbot.
No Agencies please.
General Construction/Refractory Labourer
We are looking for semi-skilled labourers with experience in the construction trade, for individuals who are capable of helping out with a variety of tasks. It is essential that you take pride in your work as we aim to deliver quality at all times.
General duties include:
* Assisting bricklayers under team leader
* Preparing work areas and setting up of equipment
* Mixing and preparation of mortars and grouts.
* Manual handling of construction materials
* Application of grouting materials
* Clean up and tear down of work sites.
* Setting up and maintenance of powered equipment
* Basic demolition tasks
* Use of pneumatic tools
* Use of basic hand tools
* Undertaking any other duties applicable to the post as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
A strong focus on safety, hardworking and physically fit to work in a demanding outdoor environment.
CCNSG safety passport preferable.
MEWP (3a) scissor platform operator and harness training an advantage.
Previous refractory experience an advantage.
Training and PPE provided.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business supporting the local steel industry with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your career and opportunities for overtime.
Our salaries are competitive and we have a purpose built welfare site that offer free car parking