Job Title: Demolition Contract Manager
Salary: £40 - 60k + Car + fuel card (Dependant on experience)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* To carry out position as per Employment Contract.
* To maintain knowledge of current relevant legislation, industry best practice and guidance and ensure this is communicated to relevant staff.
* To understand and work in compliance with legislative requirements, ensuring that health & safety is not compromised for other business objectives.
* To ensure that staff and workers (including subcontractors) they are responsible for understand their health & safety, and environmental, responsibilities and conduct themselves accordingly.
* To understand and work in accordance with company policies and procedures that apply to their position and to communicate requirements to the staff, workers, and subcontractors they are responsible for.
* To understand building structures & construction techniques and safe demolition procedures
* To ensure all statutory notifications are in place.
* To plan and manage resources required to carry out contracts including personnel, equipment, facilities & associated budgets.
* To ensure that any purchasing or hiring of plant, materials, equipment, consumables etc is in accordance with company’s limits of authority and Purchasing procedure.
* To plan works and ensure suitable and sufficient Plans of Work, risk & COSHH assessments are written, which are compliant, reflect site conditions, and are communicated to the workforce.
* To ensure Plans of Work, risk & COSHH assessments produced by trainees or assistant Contract Managers are suitable and sufficient, compliant and reflect site conditions.
* To monitor that works are being carried out as planned, to the required standard and customer requirements.
* To communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, and staff
* To liaise with client or client’s representative to verify that the business performance meets their requirement.
* To coordinate and communicate with the other divisions of the business to ensure the smooth running of all contracts.
* When working on Rail contracts to ensure working hours are monitored and exceedance of hours is formally authorised; assessment of first aid resources required; rail briefing material is produced & delivered; suitable products & services are procured; and suitable risk assessments are carried out.
* To deal with complaints in accordance with complaints procedure.
* To deal with onsite disputes, programme, or any other issues relating to the works on site. To report any major issues to the Divisional Manager.
* To provide support to the Quantity Surveyors for pricing of additional works and preparation of valuations
* To have a good working knowledge of construction contracts, and to carry out contract reviews.
* To carry out any required post contract activities
* To support the development of division staff.
* To assist divisional manager with carrying out staff development reviews.
* To assist in other areas of the business as and when required.
Minimum Qualification / Certificates Required
HS&E Touchscreen test for Managerial & Professional
CCDO Manager Card
Current non-licensed asbestos removal training (by NDTG, UKATA, ACAD or ARCA)
Current SEQOHS accredited Health Surveillance Medical
Suitable work at height awareness training (online, as minimum)
City & Guilds Training in “Electricity at work and safe isolation”
Temporary Works Coordinator
Mental Health Awareness training (e.g. Internal Presentation or ACAS)
JCT Form of Contracts training
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion awareness training (e.g. BrightHR e-learning)
Minimum Competence Required; (to include) Training, Experience & Knowledge
Two years’ experience in Contracting Environment
Five years demolition industry experience
Able to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project
Setup & trained to use PSA to create & amend Plans of Work
Trained to prepare/ amend risk and COSHH assessments.
Completed PSA training videos 24 & 27 to view PVE fleet items and report faults.
Set up and able to use Construction Manager
Knowledge of H&S at Work Act and CDM Regulations
Knowledge of Control of Asbestos Regulations
Knowledge of NFDC Guidance Documents
Awareness of requirements to make statutory notifications (F10, S80, NNLW)
Able to manage & plan resources required to carry out contracts, including personnel, equipment, facilities & associated budgets.
Awareness of Supervisor Pack & Electronic Site Job Files
Able to interpret job documentation such as technical drawings, asbestos surveys, bills of quantities etc.
Understanding of Waste Duty of Care, ADR & Transfer Station (F260 presentation)
Awareness of Safe Work Around Electrical Conductors Policy (A04)
Awareness of risks from fragile roofs: (i) CITB TBT “Fragile Roofs” (ii) CITB “Fragile Roofs, Fragile Lives” (iii) MEL Safety Alert “Roof Access 20.12.2019”
Additional Relevant Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Training to develop further.
Current Face Fit half mask (qualitative)
Understanding of Rail related Policies & Procedures
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.