Senior Quantity Surveyor – Leading Steel Engineering Contractor
£65k-£80k plus package
North West London
Our client is a leading Steel Engineering Contractor who work on behalf of the most reputable Contractors in the UK.
If you want to work for a company that has a proven track record or promoting staff, a family-feel atmosphere, WFH flexibility and the chance to work on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK, then this could be the perfect job for you!
Our client has been established for almost 40 years and are the preferred Steel Engineering supplier to some of the biggest and best Contractors in the UK. They work across a range of projects including Demolition, Refurbishment, Data Centres & Architectural work. Most of their work is through repeat business, although they are tendering with new clients all the time too.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who wants to be a key part of the commercial team, with full autonomy to run your projects how you see fit. Whilst you will be reporting into a Commercial Manager & Director, you will not be micromanaged, and you’ll be trusted to manage your own workload. This is made clear by being able to work from home 3-4 days a week. If the projects are being delivered on time and on budget, our client believes in empowering their staff to make their own decisions.
The current team consists of 3 Quantity Surveyors, including 1 Assistant Quantity Surveyor and 1 Senior Quantity Surveyor. They work extremely well as a team, and it is an extremely supportive environment.
You will also be given plenty of opportunities for promotions. There are several examples within the business of employees being promoted due to strong performance. Becoming Commercial Manager & Commercial Director is a genuine possibility here.
The role of the Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to the Commercial Manager & Director, you will oversee all commercial aspects of multiple projects including dealing with clients and their representatives. The role encompasses all quantity surveying tasks expected within a Steel Engineering Contractor.
* To undertake the day to day commercial/surveying activities of allocated projects
* Continuous liaison with the Project Manager to ensure understanding of commercial matters relating to the project and support successful operational delivery
* Development of project cost plans and working closely with the design team and operational colleagues through the pre-construction process
* Procurement of subcontract work packages, issuing detailed tender reports in advance of subcontractor appointments
* Measuring and valuing works carried out on site
* Formulation of monthly valuations, commercial reporting, the identification and valuation or variations and the control of expenditure
* Recognise H&S, risk and margin when carrying out all works
To be successful as a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will need to possess the following:
* 10 years’ Surveying experience ideally with a Steel Engineering firm or relevant projects
* Vast knowledge of Steelwork
* Ability to work as part of a team and individually
If this role sounds of interest to you, then please apply to the advert or give Harry Taberman a call on (phone number removed)
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.