Stockton – Office based
The Engineering Director (SLT role) will have technical and people management duties. Technically you will be responsible for technical review & approval, ensuring compliance and validity, supporting & advising on-site teams + operations, liaising with regulators & local authorities and making technical recommendations to the Executive Chairman. You will manage a capable team of Engineers and CAD Technicians along with sub-contractors specialists as work requires.
The role of Engineering Director covers the full spectrum of land development, from feasibility studies, navigating the planning and other consenting regimes, detailed design, construction and demolition. Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation is essential. Knowledge of environmental issues as they relate to development would also be beneficial.
Background, Qualifications & Experience
* Engineering degree & professionally qualified as a Chartered Engineer.
* Previous experience should include a broad range design work in civil and/or structural engineering.
* Candidates must have a basic knowledge of geotechnical engineering in order to scope site investigations and interpret the results.
* Candidates should have progressed to being at least a Project Engineer, Project Manager or Principal Engineer of major engineering works and be able to demonstrate technical leadership on such schemes.
* Knowledge of marine works is highly desirable.
* We expect the incoming Engineering Director to bring circa 15 year’s post graduate experience and to have acquired the sufficient range of skills, knowledge and experience in this time to fulfil the role.
* Provide engineering support at the early stages of development proposals. Support might include advice on: the suitability of in-situ soils; cut and fill earthworks; ground bearing capacity; pavements; foundations; foul and surface water drainage; consenting requirements and programming.
* Preparation of technical scopes for procurement of external professional services, including engineering, environmental and planning services.
* Management of external technical and planning consultants.
* Technical review/approval of submissions by external consultants. -
* Provide technical support to the estimating and on-site construction and operation teams.
* Overall responsibility for liaising on behalf of the Group with statutory regulators including local planning authorities, the Marine Management Organisation, the Environment Agency and Natural England
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.