Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Asbestos Surveyor plays a key role in the compliance and building safety team of the organisation in question.
My client believes that everything they do should aim to positively impact the lives of its social housing tenants and deliver on what matters to them and their communities.
By listening to tenants and keeping them at the heart of what they do, they provide safe, well maintained, sustainable homes and deliver customer focused, equitable and efficient services.
* Supporting the Compliance Manager in ensuring that the client has effective plans, strategies and procedures to manage existing asbestos within the companies' asset portfolio and that these are implemented.
* Undertaking Management, Refurbishment/Demolition and Reinspection surveys on various building types including domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
* Overseeing and maintaining the asbestos register.
* Producing comprehensive asbestos reports and providing advice to a variety of stakeholders.
* Carrying out technical reviewing of outgoing reports.
* Supporting the planning and delivery of investment works and provide asbestos advice to the organisations staff and stakeholders.
* Be a member of/or working towards becoming a full member of an appropriate construction related professional body i.e. CIOB, RICS, CIBSE (desirable)
* Have a degree in Building Surveying, Building Services Surveying or equivalent experience (desirable)
* P402 Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos
* Have BOHS P403, P404 and P405 modules (desirable)
* Experience of the use of Microsoft office software in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams
* Have experience in using asset management systems specifically relating to the housing sector (Desirable)
* Have knowledge of CDM regulations and their application (Desirable)
Competitive daily rate
Potential for initial contract to be extended further
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.