Time 4 Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Permanent Setting Out Engineer to join a highly successful Civil Contractor in South Wales. Our highly reputable Client is an expert in a main civil contractor who operates throughout South Wales and the South West focusing on major earthworks, civil infrastructure, demolition, remediation and environmental contracting.
As Setting Out Engineer you must have experience of managing a range of civil projects including Highways, setting out roads, infrastructure, foundations, earthworks and drainage.
Key responsibilities as Setting Out Engineer
• Experience of working as a on similar civils projects is vital for this role
• It is vital you have previously worked as a setting out engineer.
• You must have experience in on highway and road project
• Knowledge of infrastructure, drainage, foundations and earthworks
• Report to Site Agent Project Manager.
• Carry out quality checks and raise any technical issues.
• Be from a recognised Civils / Groundworks background.
• 3 years plus experience on similar civils projects
Requirements for this role:
• A construction or civil engineering degree or HNC/HND, or working towards it Good organisation skills.
• Preferably previous experience with engineering or surveying using GPS and total stations.
• Preferably enough knowledge in LSS to process data, create accurate composites and report
Volumes, and interpret surveys.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Preferably SMSTS or SSSTS, or IOSH equivalent training
• Professional pride and a commitment to Quality.
• An interest in modern engineering and construction techniques, sustainable initiatives and carbon reduction.
• Keen problem working methods and forward planning, with some programming ability
working environment and scope solvers with engineering solutions and resilience to see tasks through understanding
• Competitive salary £40k to £45 k
• Permanent Contracts
• Work to start asap
• Location – South Wales
To apply please forward CV through the website to Hazel Baron
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.