Location: Heathrow Airport
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (H7), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
About H7, Heathrow
Our H7 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
The Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The post-holder will work closely with the Commercial Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
* Site Management
* Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
* Assume responsibility for delivering projects successfully
* Deliver the work safely and without environmental incidents
* Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, management plans, in line with Company procedures
* Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks
* Client interface
* Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
* Cost control and maximise project value
* Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
* Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
* Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
* Produce good quality, accurate reports monthly for the Client and internally
* Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
Key skills and experience
* Successful experience at a management engineering level in construction (on site) specifically in civil engineering and/or utilities
* Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
* Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
* Good people management experience
* Experience in stakeholder’s management (client) and managing subcontractors
* Relationship building with external parties is a critical requirement
* Significant civil engineering technology knowledge with significant previous experience
* A highly capable construction problem solver with excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels.
* Computer literacy advance
* CSCS card
* Airport experience/ critical areas experience
* Experience of working in an international organization
* Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
* Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.