Site Technician. For Structural testing and monitoring on Civil and Build construction sites. Ideally, at least 1-3 year’s site experience, working in construction in structural or material testing. Based in Erith. Salary range £35,000 - £42,500, company van, 23 days holiday, pension, career.
Senior Site Technician positions also available from £45,000 - £50,000 with package.
Site Technician role:
Experienced Site Technician to join the testing division to work on a range of site investigation projects across London and the south-east.
The main duties of the role will involve driving from site to site, carrying out tests and recording results to allow the engineers to compile reports for clients. You will be provided with and trained in the use of various specialist testing equipment and undertaking in-situ testing, including:
* Plate Bearing Tests
* Shear Vane Tests
* Dynamic cone penetrometer tests
* Structural load capacity testing
* Pull out tests
* Anchor testing (shear and tensile)
* Pre-loading steelwork and load transfer
* Concrete scanning
* Undertaking inspections and tests to the specified standard and procedure.
* Keeping a clear and concise logbook of all siteworks complete and data recording.
* Uploading all work documents, test data, site photos on to the company system
* Keeping a timesheet and notes for each day of work.
* Planning and scheduling work as needed.
* Producing detailed reports on inspections that have been done.
* Planning upcoming work with method statements and drawings
* At least 1-3 years on site with experience as a site technician or in material testing
* Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level C or equivalent
* Capable of impartially recording data and keeping site records
* Clear communicator, both written and spoken English
* Clean UK manual driving licence - company van will be provided.
* Proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word
* Some knowledge of structures and construction materials
* Willing to work on site in adverse weather conditions.
* CSCS card
Company overview: This is a specialist company providing structural testing, investigation, remedial and strengthening solutions for complex projects. They are a team of multi-disciplined engineers who provide a wide range of specialist site services to the construction, demolition, and civil engineering industry.
Scope of works:
The company carry out other structural tests including pull out tests, load capacity tests, barrier tests, and more. You will be shown how to carry out these tests to assist teams across the division. The company utilises an array of hydraulic equipment and some electronic data logging devices and some knowledge of this is beneficial although not essential.
Mainly site based. You will be working on various demolition and construction sites carrying out the tests and inspections. There is a physical nature to the work as some of the equipment is heavy and must be manually carried into position and set up as the test requires.
Salary £35,000 – £42,500 plus company van, 23 days holiday, pension scheme.
Working hours will generally be Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Hours may vary depending on site requirements
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.