We are looking to recruit a temporary Senior Building Control Surveyor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the proper execution of the statutory functions related to Building Regulations and other legislative controls, including fire, health, and safety matters concerning buildings and structures.
* Handle a varied caseload of building regulation applications, with an emphasis on more complex projects.
* Ensure that allocated building projects comply with Building Regulations, Standards, and relevant Acts.
Inspections and Record-Keeping:
* Inspect building works and perform associated tasks under the regulations and relevant Acts.
* Maintain full and accurate records and prepare detailed reports on all aspects of regulated work.
Supervision and Leadership:
* Stand in for the Principal Building Control Surveyor and, in exceptional circumstances, the Building Control Manager during their absence.
* Provide day-to-day supervision of the service.
* Assist with the training and supervision of Building Control Surveyors, Assistants, and trainees.
Plan Examination and Consultation:
* Examine and consult on plans deposited under the Building Regulations or the Local Authority National Type Approval Confederation scheme.
Partner Authority Responsibilities:
* Administer and check Partner Authority applications according to the LABC Partner Authority Scheme.
Breaches Investigation and Resolution:
* Investigate and resolve breaches of the Building Regulations and relevant Acts.
* Be representative in court and provide evidence on breaches.
Professional Advice and Compliance:
* Provide advice to building professionals and the public on building control-related issues to ensure compliance.
* Handle dangerous buildings and structures, including cover and call-out outside office hours.
* Make emergency decisions as required.
* Implement statutory control over building demolitions, including necessary site inspections.
* Check Street Naming and Numbering applications as required.
* Relevant experience in building control and regulations.
* Knowledge of legislative controls, including fire, health, and safety matters.
* Leadership and supervisory skills.
* Ability to handle a varied caseload, with an emphasis on complex applications.
* Strong inspection, record-keeping, and reporting skills.
* Familiarity with Partner Authority Scheme and associated responsibilities.
* Experience in investigating and resolving breaches, including court representation.
* Effective communication skills to provide advice and ensure compliance.
* Flexibility for emergency call-outs and outside office hours
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.