HYBRID ROLE, SALARY UP TO £55,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, AN EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE PLUS A GENEROUS CAR ALLOWANCE
Our client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and resource management group, operating across the UK and Ireland, and delivers innovative, safe and sustainable solutions to the most complex construction and resource management challenges. They are a market-leading, ambitious and inspirational organisation which continues to evolve and grow. This is possible because of their exceptional people and the continuing investment in them and their journeys with the company.
The purpose of the HSEQ Advisor role is to provide specialist HSEQ advice, support and compliance across all the Company’s Civil Engineering and Demolition projects within the London and South East region. Each day will be different from the next; especially in personal interactions and working across multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced, high risk and ever-changing environment. The role requires core personal attributes that are consistent with the Group, applying these effectively to build relationships and become a true HSEQ partner with operational leaders, clients, enforcing authorities and project and public stakeholders.
Development, Training and Continuous Improvement
* Assist in project start-ups, providing advice and guidance to ensure company standards are set and achieved from project commencement
* Support and upskill operational leaders in the development of project specific HSEQ documentation, including but not limited to Construction Phase Plans, Quality Plans, Environmental Management Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
* Support the implementation of SHED, the Group’s Visual Standards, strategy and initiatives
* New starter induction training for Project Managers/Supervisors, ensuring understanding and access (Spheracloud and Sharepoint) to key requirements and documentation within the IMS, company standards, policies and procedures
* Actively assist, take part in and facilitate the delivery and completion of 3rd party certification audits
* Self-manage workload in alignment with regional project requirements, in coordination with Regional HSEQ Manager and Operational leaders. Provide proactive HSEQ guidance and assistance, adequately apportioning your time in line with project risk and performance monitoring.
* Carry out and support internal HSEQ training, toolbox talks, inductions and external briefings
* Challenge the norm and capture improvement ideas and innovation in the pursuit of continuous improvements, including proactive and positive contribution to HSEQ department and project operations meetings
Quality/Compliance & Reporting
* Monitor HSEQ performance, across all assigned regional projects, against HSEQ strategy, targets and objectives, KPIs, policy, procedures, HSEQ management system requirements and legislation
* Timely support and close out on reactive investigations, reports, conclusions, recommendations, actions and lessons learnt to help prevent recurrence of all accident, incidents, utility strikes and near misses on Projects
* Ensure timely uploading of all accident, incident, utility strike and near misses on Spheracloud for dissemination of information to operational management teams
* Align with the HSEQ management system framework that helps us to provide a consistent approach to the implementation of legislative, regulatory and company requirements
* Conduct proactive project audits and inspections, following up actions and NCR’s raised to verify and ensure effective close-out (in line with HSEQ management system, risk and critical activities and client requirements)
* Remain up to date on legislative changes, industry best practice and all external influences on HSEQ, while assisting in the communication of changes, developments and learning throughout the organisation
* Provide a monitoring service for safety equipment to ensure it is inspected in accordance with procedures and guidelines and to comply with statutory legal obligations
* Review, as part of regional projects’ audits and inspections, HSEQ documentation, training needs and resources to ensure successful delivery of Projects in line with HSEQ management system requirements
Stakeholder Management & Relationships
* Support and monitor the successful return to work of all injured parties to ensure the best care is provided and rehabilitation enhanced
* Assess and monitor sub-contractor appointment and performance to identify and promote ‘Safe Home Every Day,’ recognising good practice and, where necessary, addressing areas for improvement and any other HSEQ related concerns
* Under guidance of Regional HSEQ Manager, liaise with external bodies, enforcing authorities, clients, educational establishments, organisational and project stakeholders on HSEQ matters
* Promote and lead participation in the Group’s Foundation and other community orientated events
* Collate and provide data/reporting and insights on project HSEQ performance in accordance with KPIs
* Consistently update Regional HSEQ Manager with any significant changes, concerns, complaints or incidents noted through Project visits or dialogue with operational teams
* Support Trainee HSEQ Advisor(s) (as required)
This role is best suited to a highly collaborative and influential HSEQ champion and specialist who has a strong sense of, and enjoys being part of, a team. A hands-on, leader-by-example, who is willing to jump in and roll up their sleeves to assist operational teams with first-hand HSEQ knowledge and expertise. An effective communicator who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns.
Must hold at least one of the following qualifications (Essential):
* NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health OR NEBOSH General Certificate
* NVQ/SVQ Level 5 in Occupational Safety and Health
* Occupational Health and Safety degree e.g. BSc (Hons) or MSc
* NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health Part 2, NEBOSH Units A, B, C and D
* Diploma Safety Management Level 6
Should this amazing HSEQ Advisor role be of interest to you, please submit your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.