The core role would be either client site or office based, where you will be undertaking management and refurbishment & demolition surveys, and air monitoring for clients. The mix of our survey work is quite diverse.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include but will not be limited to the following:
* To undertake management and refurbishment & demolition surveys, take bulk samples and provide clearly presented and well written site notes on the tablet. To provide advice to clients ancillary to the survey. Facilitate and oversee removal works where required.
* To provide asbestos analytical services to clients, including air monitoring, fibre counting and (where so qualified) bulk sample analysis.
* To be up to date with asbestos legislation, guidance and industry best practice including UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements.
* To be up to date with relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
* To support the business by working flexibly and responsively from the company’s office or from clients sites as required.
* To take personal responsibility for maintaining technical expertise and an awareness of current issues in the sector.
* To comply with the company’s quality management arrangements including participating in the quality assurance arrangements and audit programme.
* To act within the expectations of conduct and attitude of employees in their role as ambassadors of the company.
* To ensure that the culture of the company is one that is honest and open and values everyone’s opinions and contributions.
* To contribute to a culture that is positive about the company.
* To proactively engage in the training and development provided by the company
* To contribute to a culture that enables PCL to be a learning organisation open to challenge and change.
* To carry out other such duties as may be reasonably required.
Education / Qualifications
* P402, P403, P404 qualifications
* Scientific/Maths A-levels, or science HND.
* Construction or surveying HND or Degree
* P401 qualification
* S301.CCP qualification
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.