Operations Manager - Plant Hire - West Northants
Our client is a well-established plant hire company that prides itself on being able to offer its customers a professional service from start to finish. Over the last 50 years they have been able to build an excellent reputation within the construction, demolition and events markets, and is now looking to recruit an Operations Manager to oversee its busy service and Parts department.
As Operations Manager this is a Office based hands off role, where you will be responsible for the Management of a busy service and parts department, including office staff, workshop technicians as well as a number of mobile technicians.
*To lead and motivate both office and workshop staff ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them, and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed and improved where appropriate.
*You will continuously improve standards and liaise with colleagues to optimise efficiency and identify new business opportunities.
*Effectively lead and manage to achieve Financial Budgets and Performance Objectives (KPI's) taking the appropriate corrective action to address any shortfall.
*Ensure all staff comply with all current Company Policies, Systems and Procedures
*Encourage good teamwork by all staff and chair regular team meetings on a formal and an informal basis.
*Identify and develop profitable business opportunities through new Customers and products.
*Foster excellent relationships with customers and suppliers.
*Liaise with and maintain regular contact with the Hire department and Area Sales Representatives on Hire / sales opportunities and other related issues.
Requirements of the Operations Manager
* Excellent communication skills
* A proven plant hire and management background is essential.
* Have a mechanical background and technical knowledge of plant machinery such as excavators, dumpers or diggers.
* Previous experience working as a depot manager, service manager, parts manager, assistant manager, workshop manager or similar.
* Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks
* A confident and flexible attitude
* Full UK Driving licence
Benefits of the Operations Manager :
* Monday to Friday working hours
* Salary negotiable depending on experience
* Company vehicle.
* 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Pension Scheme
* Attendance Bonus
* Health care scheme
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.