About the Company:
Our privately owned client is a leading enabling works contractor operating in Central London, who work with a variety of residential, commercial and industrial business. Over the years, they have developed into a multi-functional group which successfully cover a number of sectors however the core functions of their business which includes deconstruction, structural alterations, temporary works and piling contributes £40M turnover to the overall group turnover of £60M.
With all their functions operating out of their newly refurbished central London office, their employees have the ability to jump on the train (if not walk) to their sites within 30 minutes, the benefit of which allows complete cooperation across all departments, creating a stream line process and team approach.
Having met with this business and several of the leadership team, I would highly recommend them to any professionals looking for a polished company that can offer them good, technical projects and fantastic career progression opportunities.
About the opportunity:
Due to company expansion, my client is recruiting permanently for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor (ideally 2 years post graduate experience), to join their strong commercial team. Reporting directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, this opportunity will be site based, initially working on two projects in Zone 1 with contract values ranging up to £15M.
With support, general duties will include the following:
* Prompt presentation for all applications for payment and Final Accounts, including all contractual entitlements.
* Ensuring that all payments are received accordance with the contract terms.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR) and final cost/value forecasts.
* Forward work schedules and cash flows.
* Procurement, negotiation and placing of sub-contract orders.
* Financial and commercial management of sub-contracts through settlement if Final Accounts.
* Ensuring all contractual letters/notices are presented in accordance with the contract requirements.
* Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payments, variations, entitlements etc.
* Commercial support to both project delivery and estimating teams within the company.
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you should meet the following criteria:
* Experience of working with a specialist enabling works contractor in the UK. Packages covered will ideally include demolition, groundworks, basement construction, piling and RC works
* IT Literate, particularly Microsoft Office Applications
* Able to work well in a team as well as independently
* Be a good communicator at all levels
* Hold a related Degree in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or similar
* A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience
About the benefits and rewards:
For professionals at the right level of experience, our client is offering a basic salary of £35,000 to £42,000 per annum (depending on how much experience gained), travel expenses will be covered and the usual company benefits associated with a leading civil engineering contractor will be available.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a copy of your CV to or call (phone number removed) to discuss the opportunity further on a confidential basis
CV-Library is the UK's leading independent job board and we are experts in recruitment. We take pride in hosting 135,675 jobs across all sectors for the nation's jobseekers, and supporting recruiters and employers with our quality services.