Jan 30, 2021
£40,000 - £55,000 yearly
Canning Town, London, UK
• An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scaffolding and Temporary Works Design Engineer to join our client’s technical team and oversee design processes for the company.
• They are looking for a designer with varied scaffolding and temporary works experience to oversee designs from concept to completion, finding sustainable solutions while pushing the boundaries of design.
• Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for producing design solutions for construction, demolition and infrastructure projects.
About our Client
• The client has been active in the construction industry for over 20 years with an established client base and consistent work across the UK.
• This is a role for designer who want to join a dynamic and growing company with prospects for a more senior management position in the future.
• The client is looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic individual who will be involved and invested in the long term progress and success of the company’s projects.
About the Role
• Oversee designs for scaffolding and access and temporary works
• Coordinate regarding design requirements, either internally or externally depending on the project.
• Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines.
• Provide support to clients in terms of relevant knowledge and experience.
• Prepare alternative designs for tenders, or research any construction methods that may provide commercial advantage for tenders
• Provide forensic engineering support to the company to establish efficient solutions to any defects that may arise on any projects
• Provide buildability support and due diligence reports on design solutions carried out by external consultants.
About the Candidate
• Preferably have degree in civil or structural engineering or a related field
• Flexible self-starter with ability to prioritise
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
Points of Appeal
• Freedom within the role
• Flexibility of hours and working from home
• Competitive salary
• Company with a full order book
• Scope for rapid progression and clear route to senior position within the technical team