Feb 03, 2021
West Bromwich, UK
A vacancy has arisen to join the Civils Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Civils Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Civils Engineer. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:-
• Management of a small site-based Civils department.
• The management and understanding of Civil inspections, in compliance with statutory regulations and company codes of practice.
• The management of minor Civil engineering projects and any additional contract resources.
• The management of planned preventative maintenance procedures and examination schedules relating to buildings, drains, roads and sewers and assisting in the development of new examination schemes.
• Responsible for assessing the risks of civil related tasks and to record all findings on the relevant company documentation. E.g. working at height, manual handling, permit to work, hand arm vibration etc.
• Experience in all aspects of civil engineering. E.g. demolition, drainage systems and building regulations.
• The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
• The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
• Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
• You will need to have a recognised apprenticeship and educated to HNC or City and Guilds level 4 (RQF level 4) in Civil Engineering (or similar) as a minimum.
Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
Salary is circa £34K dependant on experience plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, Monday to Friday 7.54am to 4pm, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands