Feb 07, 2021
£50,000 - £75,000 yearly
You will like
Working in London region, for this leading Construction Contractor, majoring in civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. The work-winning team tender projects from £1m-£100m for a variety of clients, sectors, and regions. They are well established within core markets, typically acting as specialist sub-contractor on sub and super-structure, demolition, hard & soft landscaping and enabling & infrastructure works. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction.
You will like
The Senior Estimator or Lead Estimator job itself, which is a great opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join the London team, with a primary focus on estimating projects whilst coaching, training and mentoring your supporting team. Your practical and technical expertise will allow you to embed yourself within our experienced and collaborative work-winning team (circa 25 people across all levels) and further progress your career. More specifically:
• Examine incoming tenders in-depth to review risks, opportunity and value engineering solutions.
• Provide credible leadership, creating a culture of trust which identifies and exceeds tender deliverables.
• Inspire others to achieve results, leading by example through driving continuous improvement of established processes and carrying out lessons learnt.
• Develop the leadership potential of others and improve performance through consistent feedback and coaching.
You will have
As Senior Estimator or Lead Estimator, you will have a proven track record/demonstrable experience as a specialist sub-contractor Estimator on £multi-million sub and super-structure, demolition, hard & soft landscaping and/or enabling & infrastructure works. As a hands-on estimating lead, you will have the desire to help challenge and enhance the performance of our work-winning team through your unique personal attributes and strategic advice.
• HND / BSc / BEng in Civil Engineering / Construction Management / Quantity Surveying desirable.
• Experienced Civil Engineer/Project Manager with sound commercial acumen OR a minimum of 5 years estimating experience.
• Previous experience of leading a small team and mentoring / training junior team members.
You will get
As Senior Estimator or Lead Estimator, you will get a competitive salary 100% negotiable plus a comprehensive package
• 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (1hr lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½hr lunch).
• Agile working arrangement (home/site/office).
• Competitive salary and benefits, including pension, healthcare and travel allowance.
• 26 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
• Private, family business with a strong social purpose and respectful culture
• Flexi-care benefits: Tastecard, Gym Membership, Cycle2Work, Holiday Trading (buy or sell up to 4 days), Health cash plan
You can apply
To the Site Supervisor job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to (url removed)