Feb 10, 2021
£35,000 - £55,000 yearly
My client is a leading, privately owned Construction Company. Formed over 50 years ago, the company has grown organically to become a highly established Main/Principal Contractor, providing a range of stand-alone or fully integrated services in Civil Engineering, Building, Demolition, Land Remediation/Restoration, and Rail.
They have been awarded a major scope of works related to HS2 in Bicester and are about to commence work on this prestigious scheme and require a number of experienced Site / Senior Site Engineers with a firm understanding of Civil Engineering projects.
They are looking for individuals ideally with 3+ years’ experience of working on civil engineering projects.
These are permanent positions only.
* Assist the Site Manager in the initial site set-up, ensuring Company systems and procedures are in place and implemented.
* Rigorously apply effective planning techniques, methods analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources.
* Assist the Site Manager and Quantity Surveying Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity.
* Support the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives.
* Co-ordinate site engineering control activities to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary.
* Ensure standard Company procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations, and that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors.
* Carry out ‘as built’ surveys on completed works.
* Liaise and co-ordinate with all Head Office Departments to improve all levels of communication so as to benefit and develop overall Company objectives.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Standard setting out techniques – ability to use level & EDM. Knowledge of GPS preferred.
* Experience in Civil Engineering projects including earthworks, drainage, roadworks, structures etc
* HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or associated discipline
* CSCS Card
* Health & Safety Qualification