Feb 10, 2021
£28,000 - £55,000 yearly
Croydon, Greater London
Junior-Senior Structural Engineers required for a medium sized engineering consulting firm based in their Croydon office. Must be already in the UK and have at least 2 years of new building experience.
About the Client: My client is a small-medium sized structural engineering firm based in Croydon. Their principal aim is to improve the built environment and to provide a better quality of living for all. This is achieved by providing a focused service to developers, architects, contractors and homeowners to meet their specific needs.
About the role: You will work within a structures team on primarily residential and commercial structures, using the most up to date analysis tools. You will be given excellent training and support for Chartership. If you have your Chartership you will be given the opportunity to work on your own projects and/or mentor your own team.
* Ensuring that the project meets all environmental, legal, safety and health guidelines and requirements
* Overseeing the project team
* Preparing progress reports for seniors and the client
* Getting all building and planning regulations
* Working closely with the key people such as the client, architects, site managers, etc.
* Help in preparing specifications, working drawings, etc.
* Make regular site inspections to ensure that the work is progressing according to schedule
* Assist the structural engineering manager and senior structural engineer in their work
* Knowledge about the properties and strength of the various materials like glass, steel, timber, brick, etc., and use each of them appropriately
* Inspect old buildings and recommend repairs or demolition where necessary
* Work with the contractor to ensure that the newly-built structures are sturdy and sound
* Ensure a balance of aesthetics and functionality. The building should be structurally sound and pleasing to the eye as well
* A degree in Civil/Structural engineering
* Must be educated to A level standard (Grades A-B)
* Keen to gain Chartership or open to more of a leadership role
* Skilled communicator, written skills and capable of producing reports
* Excellent technical and numerical skills