Feb 12, 2021
£25,000 - £30,000 yearly
W1C, Cavendish Square, Greater London
Trainee / Assistant Estimator
1-3 years post graduate experience
£25,000 - £30,000 – dependant upon experience
About the company:
Our privately owned client who is based just outside Central London, is a leading name within the demolition and civil engineering industry with a group annual turnover in excess of £65M, with exciting plans in place for growth. Their services include asbestos removal, temporary works, demolition, remediation, earthworks and groundwork’s and current package values range in value from £500K to £10M.
This client has an excellent staff retention level which has been gained by constantly focusing on improving standards. They are renowned for looking after their employees, providing them with strong career progression opportunities through their extensive commitment to training and development and with their close management team; they are able to offer a strong family feel to the business.
About the opportunity:
Due to continued growth, my client is currently recruiting permanently for a Trainee / Assistant Estimator. As a Trainee / Assistant Estimator, you will be responsible for assisting with tenders, project costings and valuations for general enabling works packages in London. Guidance and training will be provided on an ongoing basis and duties for this opportunity will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Organise tender documentation
* Produce material take-offs
* Produce cost estimates from first principles
* Attend site visits
* Attend design workshops
* Sub-contractor management
* Post-tender documentation & responses
* Communicate with clients and project teams during tender process
* Engage with the pre-construction team on input between commercial and technical strategy
* Produce mid-tender and post-tender presentations
* Input & create design brief for temporary works
* Liaise with temporary works department regularly throughout tender process
* Input into overall bid strategy
* Assist in contract administration & preparation prior to hand-over to commercial team
* Production of tender submission documentation (commercial), to be issued to bid management team
About the requirements:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must have a degree in civil engineering, commercial management or similar and hold a minimum of 1 years post graduate experience within the construction industry (specific experience within general civil engineering or the enabling works sector would be preferable but not essential). Additionally, you must hold strong communication and presentation skills and be IT literate.
About the benefits and rewards:
For this permanent opportunity, I am targeting professionals looking to earn anywhere from £25,000 to £30,000 per annum however there may be flexibility on this as the specific salary will depend on experience and suitability. Furthermore, the usual benefits associated with a large successful company will be available and development plans will be put in place.
How to apply:
If interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to me or call (phone number removed) to discuss further on a confidential basis