Feb 13, 2021
Billingham, County Durham
The company has a current vacancy for an experienced Buildings / Civils Project Engineer to work at our Teesside Operations.
Reporting to the Strategic Projects Team Leader working within a small team of engineering professionals, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the 11kV/66kV switchgear replacement project, leading design and construction activities associated with the new substation building, transformer pens, cable transits and road crossings.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Advise/monitor key construction and health and safety legislation including CDM
* Prepare buildings/civils scope of works and participate in contractor bid analysis
* Oversee 3rd party design and construction contractors.
* Liaise with Local Authority's regarding planning applications and building controls.
* Prepare or support the preparation of planning applications
* Investigate existing documentation and undertake limited 'As building' exercise as required
* Participate in design and construction reviews
* Assist in the production of cost estimates for building / demolition and building services work
* Contribute to risks reviews are risk assessments
* Define building commissioning/de-commissioning procedures
* Attending FAT's
* Provide quality assurance for construction / demolition
* Input into the project planning and scheduling
* Respond to buildings related technical queries
* Liaise with site/offsite construction / demolitions teams
Our client a UK based refining and marketing company, have interests in a number of facilities in the United Kingdom, employing around 1000 people throughout the UK and over 33000 worldwide. They have had their presence on Teesside for over 30 years, processing and storing crude oil ready for shipment along with being an established supplier of bulk fuels, including LPG, to the commercial, aviation and marine industries.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree educated in relevant Engineering Disciple (preferably chartered status)
* Strong project engineering background in building construction, building services and demolition
* Previous project engineer experience with specific experience in Control buildings
* Understanding of CDM and other construction legislation and standards
* Demonstrable organisation and communication skills
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application