Feb 16, 2021
We are currently recruiting for a Building Control Surveyor in Peterborough to work on behalf of the Council, this will be on a contracting basis for 3 - 6 months.
You will be required to deliver a high-quality service in line with national quality standards and best practice, statutory obligations and organisational objectives through Proactive engagement with commercial clients to support income generation.
You will effectively engage with clients through the building control process to advice, inspect work and ensure all decisions and actions comply with council policy, legislation, and regulations.
* You will have a degree in Building Surveying or a related professional discipline, and be either working towards or be a full professional member of CABE or RICS, or other relevant professional body (IStructE, CIOB, etc.)
* Extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of building control processes, and its role.
* Experience in dealing with a range of Building Regulation Applications, undertaking the inspection of a range of buildings, deal with a range of dangerous structures and the demolition of private structures.
* Good knowledge of Building Control guidance and procedures and able to exercise judgment on site in carrying out inspections.
* An understanding of the Local Government environment in which the post operates.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact appropriately with a range of audiences from developers, agents and members of the public inside and outside of the Council, in written, spoken, graphic and multi-media forms.
Hourly rate £45ph Umbrella, if you would like to apply then please send your updated CV