Feb 20, 2021
LS15, Cross Gates, City and Borough of Leeds
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder with it’s headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Yorkshire Division, located in Leeds is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join the Division’s Technical team.
The Technical teams are involved in all aspects of Civils design and innovation. This includes responsibility for researching the best materials at the best cost. In terms of design, there are a variety of house types on our sites, all of which come with their unique challenges to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value engineering and ever-changing Water/Highway Authorities requirements means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the employees employed within these teams have either an architectural or engineering background, and this role will offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
* Coordinate the delivery of technical information for new and current developments including instructing and managing engineering specialist consultants and dealing with a wide range of technical issues.
* Assist the Technical team with all Engineering related work and manage drawing issues.
* Procure Engineering Designs, Site Investigation, Demolition, Asbestos, Grouting and Flood Risk Information.
* Coordinate consultants for the production of engineering drawings to achieve technical approvals from the local authorities.
* Liaise with Local Authorities and Water Authorities in relation to all S38, S278, S104 and S106 agreements and ensuring that all agreements are in place prior to the site start and completed through to adoption in a timely manner.
* Check all drawings prepared by Consultants in relation to the civil engineering aspects of the developments.
* Liaise closely with Construction department to ensure sites are placed on maintenance in a timely manner and adoptions take place, thereby avoiding over runs on bonds.
* Design roads, drainage and external works for feasibility studies when required, such as establishing drainage guidelines in consultation with Water Authority and advising as to whether discharge limits are to be set.
* Attend/Chair and actively participate in all pre-start meetings, progress site meetings and other meetings as required to review and assess progress and provide constructive and frequent feedback on project performance.
* Provide on-going technical support and guidance to other internal departments and colleagues to ensure that any remediation works on site are cost effective and on programme.
* Share knowledge and assist other staff members in carrying out their duties
* Link between the technical and construction department on engineering matters.
* Contributing to planning and other regulatory application procedures.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working as a Design Engineer within construction/housebuilding.
* Experience of CAD and micro-drainage.
* Knowledge of specific design and specification features with regards to road and sewer agreements and design
Qualifications and Training
* HNC/HND in a building related topic
* CSCS card or equivalent
Skills and Aptitude
* Excellent attention to detail
* Methodical, conscientious, organised and works to deliver high standards.
* Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to be able to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
* Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
* Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems within the technical environment.
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
* Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
* Office based role, with regular travel to development sites as and when required.
* Ability to travel to all development sites within Divisional area.
In return we can offer you:
Company car or car allowance
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received