Goldstar are looking for a Shear operative for our Leimbach 1000 shear.
You will be required to
• Operate the machine daily cutting metals to grade
• Operator must have a basic understanding of metal grades
• Work with and communicate clearly with the Crane operative loading the shear
• Have a good eye for detail to ensure no incorrect material is loaded
• Carry out regular daily checks of the machine and completing daily maintenance sheets.
• Recording machine data
• Carry out light maintenance duties to the machine
• Ensure work area and machine is kept clean and tidy relative to company policy
• Keeping an itinerary of the machine and spare parts
• Must show awareness of health and safety guidelines
The successful candidate will
• Have experience working in the scrap metal industry
• Must be attentive and willing to obtain an understanding of the machine and its functions
• Health and safety knowledge working within the industry
50 hours per week Monday to Friday 7.00am – 17.00pm.
Salary negotiable depending on experience
20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
To apply please send you’re CV and a cover letter detailing your experience to Heather Taylor at the above address, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job code SHEAR