Mar 19, 2021
Solihull, West Midlands (County)
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Hourly Rate: £31.50ph Umb (Inside IR35)
Employment Type: Contract – to 31.03.2022
The role of Civil Engineer for Manufacturing Engineering will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, globally, across manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects. Working across RIBA stages 0-7, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of civil engineering projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop the civil engineering strategy for manufacturing facilities and infrastructure.
* Provide expert civil engineering technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity at facilities and supporting equipment, aligned to the programme milestones, launch plans and production requirements.
* Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
* Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing of projects
* Responsibility for feasibility and cost evaluations for civil engineering on proposed new or modified facilities and processes define robust delivery plans with minimised disruption to operations.
* Responsibility for the delivery of civil engineering solutions that are suited to the capabilities of an appropriate facility and its associated process characteristics Liaising with, and obtaining, statutory approvals associated with civil works and works on the highways.
* Establish and manage performance of all Service Level Agreements.
* Responsibility for the delivery of robust/lean layout solutions to support facility project delivery or process/operational efficiency improvements.
* Lead and manage the support and input of all relevant stakeholders to achieve acceptance, buy-off and successful handover of new or refurbished facilities.
* Ensure compliance with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2017 for all civil engineering projects.
* Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Typical projects include:
Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations Major new build construction Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (inc. floor slabs, drainage, hard standing)
Extension to existing facilities (new slabs, drainage, hardstanding, roadways)
Major internal refurbishment of existing facilities inc. floor slab design and replacement
Major refurbishment / new installations of building mechanical & electrical installations
Minor refurbishment of building facilities including offices, amenity and catering areas
Civil works associated with external areas i.e. roadways, drainage, new hardstanding
ICE or similar civil engineering professional qualification.
10 years' recent UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
Extensive construction industry experience of leading civil engineering on new-build, refurbishment and extension schemes across all RIBA stages
Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
Experience within the Facilities development across a variety of industries and geographies.
Proven experience of contract and performance management and management of Services Level Agreements.
Experience of FMEA tools, reliability and maintainability principals and an understanding of the environmental impacts of engineering solutions
Business transformational and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Significant contract and performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
Strong change management and project management skills
Experience in managing external service providers.
Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
Demonstrable and experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving.
Working knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics and the understanding safety systems applicable to plant & equipment.
Proven ability to work within tight deadlines & be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities simultaneously.
Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety and ergonomics including risk assessments.
Ability to make short presentations to work groups and senior management
Drivers licence Required
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications