Mar 24, 2021
£70,000 - £90,000 yearly
Mayfair, Greater London
Our client is an established and well renowned Main Contractor that are a market leader and have a strong reputation for ethics, quality, collaboration, diversity and are fundamentally a responsible, innovative and progressive business.
They are well-known for delivering major and iconic projects and globally employ over 20,000 people. They turnover in excess of £1 Billion and in London, they turnover in excess of £500 Million.
Examples of types of construction: Residential, Commercial, Mixed Use, Healthcare, Education, Defence, etc
* Mixed-use scheme - Commercial, Residential and Retail space - £100+ million. – Scope of works: Creation of high-end retail and office space, 30+ residential units and a new rooftop restaurant.
* Commercial Refurbishment, London – Providing 7+ floors of office space and ground-floor retail
* Iconic London's landmark – New Build
* Central London – Retail / Commercial project - Demolition of an existing building and replacing it with a six-storey retail and office development
* Project Development – Commercial property development from concept to market.
* Hospital – part of a new biomedical campus, this centre will provide 300+ beds, 5+ operating theatres and labs.
Senior Planner - £60,000 - £75,000 + Competitve Package - Mayfair, London
We are looking for a Senior Planner for the Main Contracting Construction business. This business unit has delivered some of the most recognised and celebrated projects, from fixed price contracting to construction management and everything in between. This is an essential function of successful project delivery and not just as a checking and reporting role.
We are looking for a Senior Planner to join our Build Division in London to support on both bids/tenders and delivery of existing projects.
To work with the team to ensure the programme, methodology and logistics is developed and maintained in a timely fashion to suit project needs, with attention to constraints, budgets, safety and quality, whilst enhancing our reputation with external clients and work colleagues.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
* Develop strong working relationships with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and external parties to ensure a collaborative approach to project co-ordination.
* Take responsibility for co-ordinating all 3rd party constraints, design, procurement and construction information into an integrated programme.
* Work with the team to develop and maintain an integrated project programme.
* Make project team members at all relevant levels aware of risks, key issues and solutions in a proactive manner.
* Gathering and recording as built data on live projects.
* Provision of reports and progress information to senior management and client.
* Provide suitable bid support at tender stage.
* Comply with the Skanska Planning Guidelines contained within the business unit IMS.
* Take a proactive role in the development of planning best practice as required.
We're looking for
* Preference for a qualified builder ie.MCIOB.
* Experience of planning on a variety of building projects - commercial, hotels, residential, public with values greater than £50m.
* Experience of Design and Build and traditional contract forms.
* Tendering experience extremely desirable.
* Self-motivated, strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Proven track record of project delivery and programme management.
* Competency in utilising planning software Asta Powerproject & Primavera.
* Any experience of utilising BIM is advantageous.
* Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential