Mar 24, 2021
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Building Control Officer in a temp position for our client based in Liverpool.
The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Key Duties & responsibilities of Building Control Officer:
• To keep adequate records of enforcement relevant to the Service’s responsibilities and for future reference.
• To supervise and control the demolition of buildings in accordance with relevant Legislation, including preparation of specification and approval of method statements.
• To carry out any other relevant duties as may from time to time be assigned Commensurate with the grade.
• To maintain, support, and develop close working relations with other Sections and Service Areas and to attend site as required. Be responsible to the Principal Building Control Officer for the administration and enforcement of relevant legislation in the implementation of council policies, programs, and procedures.
• To deputize as required for other members of the team.
• To assist with the activities of the team in the achievement of the Council’s and Service’s objectives, policies, and duties.
• To provide advice on legislation, technical matters, guidance, and instruction to the public, architects, surveyors, agents, builders, and staff within other sections of this Division and other Portfolio where appropriate.
• To assist in studying and reporting on new or proposed legislation, circulars, or other matters affecting the function of the Service. Establish or revise operational systems, procedures, and policies as required.
• To develop, implement and maintain a quality system of data quality management and archiving that complies with BS EN ISO 27001:2005 accreditation and audited by an external accreditation body.
• To monitor, review and ensure a balanced and cost-effective discharge of the Service’s functions by organizing and continuously developing working practices.
• Contribute to sustainable development in all duties undertaken.
• To participate in all aspects of training and development of staff, including the maintenance of disciplinary standards, as directed. Use all learning opportunities to develop personal skills necessary to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and delivery of service in recognition of the Portfolio’s business and service targets.
• Subject to consultation with staff or their representatives, to undertake any other duties of a similar nature and level which may from time to time be assigned in the interests of and/or improvement of the service, or in response to the urgent or pressing need of the service.
• Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
Requirements for a Building Control Officer:
5 years References
Degree in building & surveying
Experience in the Building construction industry essential
Full Driving License
35 hours a week