Mar 25, 2021
Apprentice Business Administrator – Procurement Team
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
About Q6, Heathrow
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
In 2019, Ferrovial Construction received the ‘Employer of the Year’ award from Heathrow Airport because of its Apprenticeship Scheme. The scheme offers countless opportunities across the construction industry and all apprentices are fully supported by a dedicated Apprenticeship Programme Manager to help integrate apprentices into the team and ensure they are developing within their roles.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for an Apprentice to work in the procurement Team in Heathrow’s Q6 framework. You will report to the procurement Manager and assist with the supplier procurement process. The job role is connected to the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship and full training will be provided.
* Ensuring purchase & hire requisitions are processed in a timely manner
* Obtaining quotations from suppliers
* Prepare and issue Purchase Orders
* Ensuring site delivery requirements are met
* Liaise with suppliers to monitor the progress of Purchase Orders, ensuring deliveries take place on time and in full.
* Providing colleagues with updates regarding critical dates.
* Resolving Invoice queries and discrepancies with our suppliers and accounts department
* Liaising with site teams and other departments in Ferrovial as required
* Updating the supplier list with relevant details
* Assessing price comparisons and uploading comparatives on to the procurement system INSITE
* Maintaining, scanning and filing documents on 4Projects and the Server
* Ensure company systems, procedures and processes are always adhered to
* Communicate with suppliers, site teams and other departments in Ferrovial
* Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
* Taking ownership of the work assigned to you.
* Delivering on the responsibilities as set out above.
Skills and Competence:
* Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the apprenticeship programme
* Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Analytical and critical thinker
* Excellent record keeping
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills verbal and written
* Administration experience desirable but not essential
* Proactive approach to working and learning
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Aspiring to grow within the Ferrovial Apprenticeship programme by progressing on to higher levels
-- Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across Ferrovial
-- Ability to influence and challenge when necessary
-- Ability to actively listen and understand our procurement needs
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC Level 3
Business Administration Level 3
Duration: 2-year Apprenticeship Programme
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: 40.5 per week Monday to Friday 9:00am – 18:00 with 30 minutes unpaid lunchbreak