Mar 25, 2021
£50,000 - £55,000 yearly
Immediate role for Head of Construction Projects for a Charity based social housing company in Watford has arisen on a full time, permanent basis with a salary of £52,338 p/a.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual who likes to take the lead and takes great pride / passion in their work. The ideal candidate will come from a commercial background and be able to work at a commercial pace, take charge and handle all projects effectively and be able to liaise with contractors at all levels.
You will be based at any one of the project locations however the office is based in Watford.
As Head of Construction Projects, you will report directly to the Operations Director.
This job is a hands-on client-side project management role in which you will take overall day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of project planning, build, handover, occupation and more.
Our client has significant plans for growth. Their five-year business plan, Mission 25, aims to double their impact by 2025. currently progressing a hybrid planning application for the demolition of an existing hostel in Welwyn/Hatfield and its replacement with a four-storey 100-bed hostel. In addition to this, they are actively working on a number of construction projects to combat homelessness.
In total, the new projects are estimated to cost around £20m.
Head of Construction Projects key duties:
• Managing construction projects from inception to completion.
• Taking the lead on funding submissions to various funders via their bidding portals and routes (such as, but not limited to, the Homes England IMS system).
• Taking the lead role to ensure that our client complies with all relevant statutory regulations, guidance and good practice.
• Overall management of our contractors to ensure that value for money and safe operating practices are in place at all times.
• You will work closely with, and coordinate, the work of all the key players including architects, builders, contractors, and internal customers to ensure that all project objectives are met
What sets this apart from other senior construction appointments?
• This will be a career-defining role, because you will be delivering a programme of works beyond anything seen in the charity sector.
• With a distinct focus on finding innovative feasibility solutions as well as implementation, you will be able to make your mark on high-profile community-focused construction projects.
• Everything you achieve will support people to belong, contribute and thrive in their local communities.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply with your most up to date CV, alternatively, for more information please call George Tait on (phone number removed)