Mar 26, 2021
£57,000 - £70,000 yearly
DSM Recruitment is proud to present this great career opportunity for an ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyor that is willing to join a very successful and fast-growing Company based in Dartford.
The role will be within the rapidly expanding Contracting department and will include working alongside the directors and contracts division, maintaining and improving the already established high standards.
The ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
* 2 years’ experience as a Contract Manager (Preferred).
* Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of 5 years' experience
* Well organised, with great time management skills and excellent communication skills
* Demolition or construction background preferred.
* Experience within a contractor or subcontractor environment.
* Knowledgeable on Quality Assurance procedures, company policies, provisions of the Construction Act and other Contracts relating to suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Carry out surveying duties on numerous contracts simultaneously, working within many sub departments within the business including demolition and civils.
* Provide assistance, guidance and support to site operations teams and Contracts Managers on contractual obligations and the scope of works included within the contract.
* Manage subcontract packages where applicable, from the initial enquiry stage and procurement through to the agreement of subcontract final accounts. This includes ensuring that best value is achieved at all stages. You will also be required to manage interim applications and Payment Notices to subcontractors that have been appointed.
* Maintain and develop client relationships across the different contracts you are involved in.
* Ensure monthly/ interim valuations and applications are completed accurately and issued to clients in accordance with the requirements detailed within the contract. Ensuring this process is streamlined where possible to maximise cash flow and value where achievable. Liaise with the Land Surveyors closely to ensure applications reflect the work and scope completed on site and in turn value the work correctly.
* Keep Senior Management updated and informed of key issues that arise on contracts to ensure the appropriate management decisions are made and implement these decisions where necessary.
* Track changes to the scope and conditions of work when they occur and make sure these are correctly measured and valued. Wherever possible ensure changes are agreed in a timely manner through the course of projects.
If you are interested in the above-advertised vacancy and you would like to be considered for this position, please apply by uploading your CV and you will be contacted as soon as your application has been reviewed.
Alternatively, you can give us a call and ask for Connor or Gabriel