Mar 26, 2021
Cork, County Cork
Headcount Solutions is seeking a Senior EHS Specialist for our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Cork. This person will assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements.
* Support EHS reviews & assessments, including EHS by Design.
* Incident & accident investigation.
* EHS communication & training.
* Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and client standards are in place.
* PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects..
* Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
* Support plant shutdowns – project walkdowns, RAMS review etc.
* Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
* Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities
* Previous experience working to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
* A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
* Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies.
* Experience with decommissioning / demolition projects is desirable.
* Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 would be a distinct advantage.
For further information please contact Mick on (phone number removed) or forward details in confidence to