Mar 27, 2021
Cemaes Bay, Anglesey
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
As the Sites Construction Manager you will be responsible for the safe delivery of work on the Wylfa Site, this will be in a highly regulated environment where we expect the highest standards to safely and compliantly deal with the hazards you can expect to encounter on a nuclear site. You will lead a fantastic team made up of site engineers who ensure work is carried out by contractors to the standards that we expect together with a compliance and work control group who ensure that we integrate all the sites work, including projects in a schedule that is resourced and can be executed. The successful individual will fulfil the role of Principal Contractor, and have the ability to shape the way projects are delivered at Wylfa as it starts on the process of demolition across the Site.
* Safe efficient delivery of all work
* Lead the Construction Office ensuring that work undertaken is planned, managed and coordinated
* Deliver maintenance activities in compliance with the site schedule
* Ensure safety from the system is provided for work activities
* Overall responsibility of Principal Contractor duties when Magnox takes the role
* Ensure the Construction Office is properly resourced and structured
* Ensure that all Supply Chain activities are provided with the correct level of oversight to ensure compliance with the relevant Magnox Standards and the legislative requirements
* Ensure Safety Case Limits and Conditions are complied with during the delivery of the work
Qualifications and Experience
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* NVQ Level 6 – Construction Management
* APM introductory course
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days annual leave
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires BPSS clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk flexible working but to ensure supervision is maintained this role is based and to be predominantly executed from the Site