Mar 27, 2021
One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Building Control Officer. This is a temporary contract for 2 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To carry out a full range of Building Control functions including the on-site supervision of building works and dealing with dangerous structure reports
* The enforcement of the Building Regulations and associated legislation in respect of building works in progress on site.
* To keep adequate records of enforcement relevant to the Service’s responsibilities and for future reference.
* To supervise and control the demolition of buildings in accordance with relevant legislation, including preparation of specification and approval of method statements.
* The inspection of dangerous and alleged dangerous structures and taking action under relevant legislation for the removal or securing of structures found to be dangerous.
* The preparation work for the service of statutory notices, and summonses to be heard in courts of law, which will include the preparation of reports, specifications, and statements of evidence.
* The attendance at office and site meetings, public enquiries, courts of law and meetings of external agencies and voluntary organisations and courses, when required.
* The receiving and processing of correspondence, plans, specifications, and details relevant to the enforcement mentioned above.
* The appraisal of selected applications formally submitted for consideration under the current Building Regulations and allied national and local legislation.
* The receiving and processing of complaints and enquiries from members of the public, Councillors, Members of Parliament, and the Ombudsman.
* The supervision and assistance in the training of staff temporarily assigned to the district.
* To carry out any other relevant duties as may from time to time be assigned commensurate with the grade.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd