Mar 27, 2021
Hillingdon, Greater London
Apprentice Project Controls Technician
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
About Q6, Heathrow
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
In 2019, Ferrovial Construction received the ‘Employer of the Year’ award from Heathrow Airport because of its Apprenticeship Scheme. The scheme offers countless opportunities across the construction industry and all apprentices are fully supported by a dedicated Apprenticeship Programme Manager to help integrate apprentices into the team and ensure they are developing within their roles.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for an Apprentice to work in the Performance Management Team in Heathrow’s Q6 framework. You will report to the Planning Manager and analyse progress and performance data. The job role is connected to the Level 3 Project Controls Technician apprenticeship and full training will be provided.
* Assist with controlling, monitoring and systematically analysing progress and performance data.
* Using analytical skills and a practical approach to interpret technical information.
* Undertake a wide range of project control tasks. This includes identifying the right data for scrutinising progress; setting baseline targets; tracking progress and performance; forecasting trends; identifying, modelling and anticipating deviations from baseline, assessing the impact of design/construction changes and using insight to recommend early preventative and remedial actions.
* Manage data by retrieving, checking, updating and formatting to create relevant time, cost and resource reports.
* Support the production of a workable control schedule. This should include development of logic networks, dependencies, critical paths, resource management, levelling and smoothing and impact of uncertainty and risk.
* Linking the cost estimate to the programme for time phase budget forecasting. Linking the 3D model to the programme for time phased sequencing.
* Setup and assign coding to the programme to enable flexibility in using the data and to support cross functional data exchanges.
* A commitment to advancing own learning and competence to keep up to date with technological advancements.
* Effectively communicate and share the right information with the right people in an appropriate format to enable effective project control.
* Work in accordance with company business management system policies and procedures.
* Comply with relevant health, safety and environmental requirements.
* Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across Ferrovial
* Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
* Taking ownership of the work assigned to you.
* Delivering on the responsibilities as set out above.
Skills and Competence:
* Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the apprenticeship programme
* Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Analytical and critical thinker
* Excellent record keeping
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills verbal and written
* Administration experience desirable but not essential
* Proactive approach to working and learning
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Aspiring to grow within the Ferrovial Apprenticeship programme by progressing on to higher levels
* Build and maintain positive relationships within the Construction Delivery and Performance Management teams and across the Planning and Project Controls Functions.
* Ability to influence and challenge when necessary
* Ability to actively listen and understand project controls
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC Level 3
Level 3 Project Controls Technician apprenticeship
Duration: 3-year Apprenticeship Programme
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: 40.5 per week
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties