Mar 27, 2021
£55,000 - £65,000 yearly
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Project Manager – Earthworks and Remediation
Location – Sheffield - Projects across North UK
Salary - £ 55,000 - £65,000 Negotiable
My client offers bespoke Design & Build remediation solutions to facilitate brownfield redevelopment. By integrating consultancy led remedial design with their in-house contracting capability for demolition, remediation and enabling works they deliver the optimal engineering platform for construction
Their order book is full, and they are looking forward to another good year with many projects in the pipeline or already underway.
Due to their ever-increasing order book, they require a Project Manager to manage projects in the North
M – 5 + years experience as PM – preference for background in remediation contracting or consultancy/ civils/ earthworks. Projects across UK but we do have some long term projects potentially coming up in the north
Full responsibility for the assessment, design, pricing and successful completion of remediation projects.
The role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities associated with the technical, operational & commercial management of the business. The role can involve the design and pricing of remediation projects, the project management & delivery of remediation projects as a project Lead and, provide support to directors, estimators and other tender managers from time to time. You will also have management responsibilities for engineers, managing them in their roles as required.
• Manage projects in line with the contract program.
• Complete projects to the agreed budget.
• Complete projects to the agreed specification and quality.
• Complete projects incident-free.
• Have input into any value engineering of the project prior to commencement.
• Ensure efficient use of plant
• Coordinate with all departments to ensure resources are used effectively.
• Ensure all site paperwork and reports are completed and reports are completed and issued in a timely manner.
Before a project starts
• Confirmation that a pre-start meeting has taken place and all prestart issues assigned to a party have been actioned.
• Ensure the contract program has been issued to the site manager and is understood.
• Check and understand the budget from the evaluation.
• Confirm the site-specific health and safety documentation has been issued.
• Produce a site-specific operation brief for review by the senior management team.
• Ensure plant and labour is organised prior to commencing on site.
Prepare a weekly project report in conjunction with the site manager to include:
• Confirmation of actions completed from the prestart meeting.
• Program update and deviations report.
• Health and safety audits.
• Accident reports.
• Damage reports.
• Reports on any extra works.
• Weekly cost reports.
• Weekly labour movement plan.
• ITP’s and handovers.
• Monitor and arrange for plant to be met.
·5 years + experience in relevant field
·Member of professional or chartered body, e.g., Association of Project Management
·Relevant CSCS qualification
·Full driving licence
For more information or to apply for the role please contact SEDR Recruitment