Mar 31, 2021
£33,968 - £38,801 yearly
Who we are looking for:
Sellafield Ltd currently have an opening within the Fire Protection profession.
We are looking for candidates with a background in fire safety/fire protection and experience of undertaking fire risk assessments and providing advice across a wide range of risks. The candidate will join our team of fire protection professionals, to assist in delivering the fire protection process across the whole business. This role would be based at Sellafield in Cumbria.
The primary function of the Fire Protection Team is to support the site in its programme ensuring the risk to Nuclear Safety, Life Safety and Business Interruption from fire is effectively managed, ensuring compliance with the law and improving the overall performance of the business
About the role:
The main purpose of the job is the provision a Fire Protection service to implement Sellafield Ltd Fire Protection arrangements in all Business Areas (at all levels of the Enterprise)
There will be a specific focus on undertaking fire risk assessment with a large building stock across the site. Providing advice to projects in relation to modifications to existing buildings and suitability of their proposals. Supporting the transition of new building projects into the operations and where required verification of the implementation of Fire design strategies in cooperation with Fire Engineers.
Delivery of a programme of audits of fire protection compliance across other employees working on the site.
Liaising with various groups across the business including Fire Engineers and architects in relation to building design, and standards. Sellafield Fire & Rescue in relation to operational risk intelligence and other issues.
Supporting the development and delivery of educational programmes to a wide range of employees.
To thrive in the role you will need:
* Membership of relevant professional body (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health or Institute of Fire engineers) or relevant qualifications and experience.
* Experience of undertaking fire risk assessment in a wide range of premises.
* Ability to interpret and develop fire protection approaches relevant to the diverse nature of risks across the business
* Knowledge of fire protection requirements across the full building life cycle (New build Construction, Operation use, decommissioning and demolition).
* Ability to manage own personal development to work effectively within the team.
* Experience of undertaking compliance audits.
* Competent to develop and maintain productive and strong working relationships.
You may also have:
* Understanding of nuclear safety and the interactions between conventional fire protection and nuclear safety.
* Experience of interacting with enforcing authorities e.g. ( Office for Nuclear Regulation, Local Council Building Control , Local Fire Authority)
* Experience of developing and delivery of educational programmes.
* Working knowledge of 3rd party accreditation schemes in relation to fire protection product installations.
Closing Date 20/4/2021
Salary: £33,968 to £38,801 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
Our work is complex, vital and demanding. Those who do it receive an attractive package of rewards and benefits. For further information and benefits of working for Sellafield Ltd please refer to the Rewards & Benefits in the Working for us section of this site.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy early.
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy