Apr 07, 2021
An exciting contract role for a Senior Civil Engineer for a large manufacturing/engineering company, initially 9 months with longer term prospects.
Senior Civil Engineer
Up to £30.00 per hour
* For the role of Senior Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering facility solutions, across various manufacturing sites and will be responsible for leading civil engineering projects.
* Working across RIBA stages 0-7, you will be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of civil engineering projects, which will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
* You will be developing the civil engineering strategy for the manufacturing facilities and infrastructure for the role of Senior Civil Engineer.
* Provide expert civil engineering technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity.
* Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers.
* Supervise tendering procedures and put together proposals.
* Use computer-aided design (CAD)packages for designing of projects.
* You will be responsible for feasibility and cost evaluations for the role of Senior Civil Engineer.
Typical projects include:
* Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
* Major new build construction.
* Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (inc. floor slabs, drainage, hard standing)
* Essential ICE or similar civil engineering professional qualification.
* 5+ recent UK experience working on live projects with experience across all construction types.
* Extensive construction industry experience of leading civil engineering on new-build, refurbishment and extension schemes across all RIBA stages is required for the role of Senior Civil Engineer.
* Excellent working knowledge and practical use of REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
* Experience of FMEA tools is required for the role of Senior Civil Engineer.
* Performance management experience including administering JCT, NEC and FIDIC standard forms of contract.
* Managing external service providers.
* Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes.
* Experience of delivering safety metrics and Health & Safety and ergonomics
* Key Performance Indicators Safety – LTIS, Accidents, Positive Safety, CDM 2017
* Quality – defect performance, stakeholder satisfaction
* Delivery – schedule, milestones, achievement, cost
* People - training & development, Absence, PULSE
* Environment – compliance, statutory requirements, environment design.
* Extension to existing facilities (new slabs, drainage, hardstanding, roadways)
* Major internal refurbishment of existing facilities inc. floor slab design and replacement
* Major refurbishment / new installations of building mechanical & electrical installations
* Minor refurbishment of building facilities including offices, amenity and catering areas
For more information on this role, please call Kirk Hensby on (phone number removed).
Alternatively, please click “Apply now” to apply for this position, and one of our dedicated consultants will process your application shortly.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 3 days. If you do not hear back from us within this time, your application has been unsuccessful. We will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future